[Bioclusters] Mosix and Blast

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
14 May 2002 15:12:16 -0400

From the openmosix discussion list:
(openmosix-general@lists.sourceforge.net)

If you still have questions, look to the above mentioned list for
assistance.

--

On 14 May 2002, Joe Landman wrote:

>   We are having a discussion on the biocluster list at
> bioinformatics.org (http://bioinformatics.org) about how OpenMOSIX
would
> interact with a job scheduler.  Unfortunately, I do not have much
> experience with this, and would appreciate someone with a clue to help
> answer the questions posed.

If you're talking PBS scheduling then I would think OM would behave like
PBS on say a NUMA architecture.  You tell PBS how many processors you
want, it schedules your job, it fires off the job(s) and then OM would
automagically migrate your processes to lesser loaded systems.

You'll probably need to designate one node to run the scheduler and thus
fire off all the jobs from there.  Not exactly the best way to run OM,
but
it would allow some control from the scheduler.

Joe Landman,
email: landman@scientificappliance.com
web  : http://scientificappliance.com