[Bioclusters] new biocluster pics online: giant Apple Xserve biocluster & some blade servers

Chris Dagdigian bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:51:36 -0800

Of interest only to the infrastructure geeks like myself...

Some new pictures have been added to the bioclusters image gallery

(1) Biggest Apple Xserve cluster in the world is a biocluster! The
location is at TLL/Singapore and it is being used by for genome
annotation. Much thanks to Elia and Cheng Peng.

(2) Pictures of various RLX, Compaq and IBM blade servers I've gotten to
get hands on with recently. Thanks go to RLX for the loaner hardware and
to Harvard CGR for letting me into their datacenter to work on the IBM
and Compaq stuff. More info soon as I did not get much time with the IBM
bladecenter stuff in particular.

Regards,
Chris

--