[Bioclusters] Setting up a small cluster

ben bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:06:52 +0200

On 12 Jun 2003 02:13:12 -0400
Joseph Landman <landman@scalableinformatics.com> wrote:

>   One intriguing distribution I have not yet played with, which gives
> you a functional OpenMosix (or so it claims) is clusterKnoppix.  You
> might also look at Scyld, though it will cost you real money.

Hi , I just add that clusterknoppix ( http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/ )
is a linux live distribution for clustering and is merge of
knoppix and openmosix .
You should find another live distribution based on rh 7.3
at :
http://nwst.de/iso/openmosixnode-0.9-98.iso.bz2
and there is also plumpos , http://plumpos.sf.net/
I gave a look at the second one and I didn' t find
mpi, nor lam , sge ...
How about making a live version also for BioBrew linux
with mpi , sge , openmosix , blast , etc. ? Many students,
enthusiasts and newcomers would find an easy way
to start their bioinformatics experience.
greetings
ben