[Bioclusters] SSE2 HMMer

David Huen bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:23:55 +0100 (BST)

On 25 Jun 2003, Benjamin Horsman wrote:

> Any chance we can see the source for your A/G BLAST port?

Sure, give me a day or two to sort thru my directories and I'll put it
up.  The changes are very minimal, mainly commenting out the G4
specific lines ( that do their prefetching) and replacing the
Altivec-encoded section with the original version.  You may need to
fiddle with the make file to convince it it doesn't want Motif but that's
all it takes!

I tried to get more performance with a whole lot of other changes but they
don't make much difference.  Just these measures will achieve the port and
all attendant advantages.

Regards,
D.