[Bioclusters] mpiBLAST question

Jeremy Mann bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 6 May 2003 18:23:08 -0500 (CDT)

> One thing I recommend is a healthy network connection, and lots of
> nfsd's...

Well the first time yes, or maybe. So your saying it always reads the
database from the shared directory? Right now, I have individual segments
in each nodes local storage.

>>I just updated to 1.1.0 of mpiBLAST, and just mpiformatdb works. When I
> When in doubt, insert an strace into the mix...

Its a permissions issue, if I run it with sudo, it works.. Wow, I forgot
how fast mpiBLAST is ;) Back to more testing. I am going to see if I
remove the contents of the shared directory, if it will still run.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy@biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility