[Bioclusters] mpiBLAST

Osborne, John bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 09:29:45 -0400

Hi Joe,

I wrote an email earlier for another thread where I described some of the
problems I ran
into.  In short I was complaining about:

1)mpiformatdb creating 21 database fragments when I tell it to create 20, or
19 when I tell it to create 18... ie)n0 to n20 when I ask for just 20

2)The (null).pal file in my shared storage directory (created by
mpiformatdb).  I think the
file is also incorrect since it contains a line like this:
DBLIST (null).00 (null).01 ... (null).20

3)The misleading name of mpiformatdb which doesn't actually have an MPI
library calls (I grepped
for MPI_).  This is just a pet peeve because I was upset at how long the
format took.  :)

Right now I have it running, but with it doesn't produce any output and
lamclean hasn't killed
the process on the first node (it has been trying for >5 minute now).
Speaking of the first node,
are we supposed to set up n0 as our master node?  Is that why I get 21
fragments when I say divide
it into 20 pieces?

 -John