[Bioclusters] (no subject)

Dan Bolser bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:46:14 +0100 (BST)

I have a question about Xeon and memory... It looks like I have one Gb per
CPU, and not 4 Gb for the 4 CPU without restriction. Is this problem at
the hardware level?

What is the maximum amount of memory a CPU can use?

I heard talk of a Tb memory machine, but it was part of a 1000 node
cluster, so I am thinking OK 1 Gb per node.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Cheers,
Dan.