[Bioclusters] job queueing systems for ibm blade center

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:54:20 -0400

Rayson Ho wrote:

>Not so good:
>- less traditional, need to spend time to get used to it
>- not opensource, they have been talking about opensourcing it for
>  years :(

Open Source != GPL.

" Installation, use, reproduction, display, modification and
redistribution of this Software, with or without modification, in source
and binary forms, are permitted."

c.f. http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/downloads/v6.6.license.html

You download source and/or binaries.

If you want to pick nits over the license not being one of the "normal"
OSS licenses, just be aware that others can pick nits with almost any
code over licensing,  technical issues, distribution and
labeling/branding, ...

>- no *BSD ports, and I think x86 Solaris port is missing

OSX is supported so it should build/work under *BSD.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC,