[Bioclusters] Versions of Blast that run on a cluster?

Bernard Li bli at bcgsc.ca
Wed Jan 5 13:39:56 EST 2005

Hi Malay:

Are there any documentations and/or papers which describe such a setup?
I would assume that there would be general interest in seeing how such a
setup could be implemented.

I was thinking, instead of duplicating ALL the available databases to
the local HD, could some file-staging utlity be used to simply stage the
database to be BLASTed against?  Obviously the file-staging utlity has
to work really quick on the cluster for this method to be viable.

Thanks,

Bernard