[Bioclusters] sound absorbing material for noisy server room

Tom E. Turner tom.e.turner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:48:21 EDT 2007

have you considered reducing the source(s) of noise, usually the fans
and drives?
eg. see...
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&dl=false&l=en&s=gen&docid=F5D470B14AC545FDA0FA544E2F1EF0FC&doclang=en&cs=
http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/15/2322222
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/news/view.php?cid=18&id=3508

or have you considered noise-reducing rack enclosures and or mods?
eg. see...
http://www.quietpcusa.com/AcoustiRACK-42U-Soundproofed-Server-Enclosure--P190C29.aspx
http://www.powermax.com/product/XRackPro2_25U_Noise_Reduction_Server_Rack_Enclosure_Rackmount_Cabinet_-_Platinum/xr-nre2-25u-us.html?PHPSESSID=6
http://www.xrackpro.com/