[Bioclusters] Re: new on using clusters: problem running mpiblast (2)

Zhiliang Hu hu at animalgenome.org
Fri Sep 21 12:14:15 EDT 2007

Thanks Joe!

Here are my trials -- I am not sure exactly which does what so I tried
with different combinations -- hopefully more informative.  Since the
errors look "messy", for clarity I put them on a web page:

1.
> /opt/openmpi.gcc/bin/mpirun -np 3 -d 4 -mca btl tcp -machinefile
machines /home/local/bin/mpiblast -p blastp -i ./bait.fasta -d ecoli.aa
Errors: http://www.animalgenome.org/~hu/share/tmp/test0.html

2.
>/opt/openmpi.gcc/bin/mpirun -np 3 -mca btl tcp -machinefile machines
/home/local/bin/mpiblast -p blastp -i ./bait.fasta -d ecoli.aa
Errors: http://www.animalgenome.org/~hu/share/tmp/test1.html

3.
> /opt/openmpi.gcc/bin/mpirun -np 3 -d 4 -machinefile machines
/home/local/bin/mpiblast -p blastp -i ./bait.fasta -d ecoli.aa
Errors: http://www.animalgenome.org/~hu/share/tmp/test2.html

Regards,
Zhiliang