[Biococoa-dev] compiler warning

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Fri Dec 3 21:23:19 EST 2004

Just a few remarks while going through the code:
- I also got a warning for a mistyped NSMutableString tempString, which
shouldn't be mutable.
- Why do you use autorelease and not release it directly right after
you add it to the dictionary, you know you want to loose it anyway, so
why don't do it directly. In fact I have seen major speedups/memory
footprint reductions in my apps by a simple direct release instead of
waiting for the autorelease if you use many objects. A common thing I
do in a so-called double loop is to setup an autorelease pool for each
inner loop cycle and release that everytime the outerloop continues, it
can mean the difference between a nicely running app and a one that
locks up the complete computer.
- perhaps John is about to change this already, but why not remove the
create prefix in the methods of the sequencefactory, thus
- (BCSequence *) sequenceWithSequence: (BCSequence *) sequence;
instead of
- (BCSequence *) createSequenceWithSequence: (BCSequence *) sequence;
it's shorter, and adheres better to the guidelines. Similar to the fact
that it isn't  + (NSArray *) createArrayWithCapacity; but
arrayWithCapacity...
Cheers,
Alex

Op 4-dec-04 om 3:01 heeft Koen van der Drift het volgende geschreven: