[Biococoa-dev] Optimizations

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Mon Sep 6 16:30:50 EDT 2004

Replying to myself here -

Simply taking one of the methods (isRepresentedBy:) from BCNucleotideDNA
that's used heavily in BCCodon, and changing this

    return [representedBy containsObject: entry];

To this

    return CFArrayContainsValue ( representedBy, CFRangeMake( 0,
CFArrayGetCount ( representedBy  )), entry) ;

Drops ObjC_msgSend from the top processor user, replacing it with CFEqual.
Times drop accordingly.  Given that, it's probably worth going back and
looking for places we can replace an NSArray method with its CFArray
counterpart.

If someone actually intends to do so on a specific file, let me know;
otherwise, I'll work on this on the airplane.

Cheers,

John