[Biococoa-dev] Compilation warnings with tools

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Tue Feb 8 08:06:42 EST 2005

>>> ...<snip>... An alternative is to use the BCAbstractSequence type and have
>>> only one method....
>>
>> Or have one weak typed method as I suggested in a previous post, and test for
>> the type in that method. Then either return an empty or useful array.
>
> So, you mean 'BCAbstractSequence', right?
> I am completely OK with that! (I just wanted to make sure that whatever we
> choose will please everybody).

Sorry, have to chime in here - I'm not!  I thought the idea here was that
the convenience methods, which would be present only in classes that
actually should use that method, would be strictly typed.  That way, anybody
as uptight as I am can be using strict classes and have access to methods
with strict signatures in them.

JT