[Biococoa-dev] BCSequenceFactory removed

Charles PARNOT charles.parnot at stanford.edu
Sat Feb 12 10:44:47 EST 2005

>Great job Charles. Not sure if you are aware of it, but he translation example now crashes at startup (I bet during the creation of the 1st sequence). I may have some time this weekend, and can look into what's going on.
>
>cheers,
>
>- Koen.

Yeah, I fixed it ;-)
In several subclasses, the designated initalizer 'initWithString:skippingUnknownSymbols:' was not calling the designated initializer of the superclass (the same method), but instead the 'init' method of the superclass. Because the latter does call the designated initializer (of course), an infinite loop was generated. All my fault. Nasty bug.

charles

--
Help science go fast forward:
http://cmgm.stanford.edu/~cparnot/xgrid-stanford/