[Biococoa-dev] Annotation

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 20 11:43:32 EST 2005

Hi,

I added some initial code for annotations to BioCocoa.
BCAbstractSequence has 2 methods to set and get annotations. To test
the code, I added some lines to readSwissProt in BCSequenceReader. When
I compile the code, I get a warning that BCSequenceProtein might not
respond to the addAnnotation (which I added to BCAbstractSequence).
Also, when I step through the code, no annotations are added. Should I
add the code as well to seach subclass of BCAbstractSequence to make
this work? That seems rather redundant to me. I guess I still not
completely understand how the class cluster code works.  Charles, maybe
you can add some documentation about this in the developer docs folder?

cheers,