[Biococoa-dev] Joining the team

Peter Schols peter.schols at bio.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Feb 22 03:44:31 EST 2005

> Incidentally, I thought this came up ages ago, and it was Alex who
> asked
> Peter about it then.  Maybe I'm hallucinating after too much time in a
> darkened microscope room?

No you aren't, John. We indeed changed the license from GPL to L-GPL to
get Alex on board ;-)
This means that the BioCocoa framework can be used in any (commercial)
application, as long as the changes to the framework itself (in case
changes are made) are donated back to the community. The application
built upon BC can remain proprietary so there is no need to release its
source.

Best wishes,

Peter