[Biococoa-dev] BCAlignment header added

Philipp Seibel biococoa at bioworxx.com
Tue Feb 22 18:58:18 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

i added a simple start for our alignment objects. I think we should
discuss what everybody thinks a Alignment should be.

Another thing about the BCAnnotations ..

I would suggest a BCAnnotable protocol with

- (void)setAnnotation:(id)aAnnotation forKey:(id)key;
- (id)annotationForKey:(id)key;
- (class)classForKey:(id)key;

this would lead us to a much sleeker structure. I think we will run
into performance problems, if we have to handle that complex structure
in every BCSequence object.

and with the protocol everything could be annotable even the Alignment
or other things as well.

cheers

Phil