[Biococoa-dev] BCStatistics framework

Charles PARNOT charles.parnot at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 24 23:25:50 EST 2005

At 21:59 +0100 2/24/05, Philipp Seibel wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>i set up the BCStatistics.framework in my local XCode projects. Now i want to put it into the CVS. Can anybody tell me how to set it up as a new target, basically i know my self, but i don't want to crash the cvs and i want of course conform to your current project structure.
>So a little "tutorial for the newbee" woud be fine.
>
>thx Phil

when adding a target, the file project.pbxproj inside the BioCocoa.pbproj package file get modified and appears in the SCM smart group in the Xcode window of the project (in the Groups&Files panel). So if you add a target, you should see that file with the letter M appear in the SCM smart group (M=modified). You select that line (maybe with the other files you added) and commit it. Now everybody will see that file with an 'U' in the SCM smart group, and will be able to update it.

For the added folders, you need to add the folder and its contents using the command line cvs (cvs add foldername) then the files inside can be added within Xcode (they will show with a ? in the SCM smart group, then you add them, they show with an 'A', then you commit them).

If somebody added folder, you need to update the project through the command-line using:
cvs update -d
(after cd-ing to the project folder)
(the -P flag could also be used to prune empty folders, but thanks to Koen, no more of these)

Otherwise, Xcode will be aware of the files (thanks to project.pbxproj) and show them in red because it can't find them.

In other words, Xcode is unable to handle folders in the projects (both for addition and for updating)

charles

--
Help science go fast forward:
http://cmgm.stanford.edu/~cparnot/xgrid-stanford/