[Biococoa-dev] BCFoundation-Tests

Charles PARNOT charles.parnot at stanford.edu
Sat Feb 26 01:45:32 EST 2005

OK, I did it. I added a new target called 'BCFoundation-Tests'. All
the files for it are nicely grouped in the Xcode project, inside
BCFoundation/Tests, and same thing for the filesystem ;-)

To try the tests:

* install OCUnit at the root level:
http://www.sente.ch/software/ocunit/#Download
(choose OCUnitRoot-v39.dmg and install)

* cvs update -d (because of the new folders in the filesystem...)

* choose the new target in the target popup menu

* compile button: after compiling and linking, a script runs the
tests; if no test fail, you get no message

* run button: this will also run the tests, with some logs; in other
words, there are 2 ways to run the tests; this second way runs the
executable 'otest' with the test framework as argument.

I had to change the 'Cross-Develop using Target SDK' to Mac OS X.3.
After a quick survey of three individuals (Koen, John and me), I
found that 100% of the developers use Xcode, so we can upgrade the
other targets. It seems Alex has some experience with that, so I will
wait for his input, because there is no easy way back to the old
target format (contrary to what I did so far, which is easily
reversible).

As a result, it seems you should clean the other targets before
recompiling if you modify the code.

charles

--
Help science go fast forward: