[Biococoa-dev] BCFoundation-Tests

Alexander Griekspoor mek at mekentosj.com
Sat Feb 26 12:27:11 EST 2005

>> So are we now dropping 10.2.8 support? Maybe only the test framework
>> can be 10.3 and the rest 10.2.8?
>
> I knew this was going to be confusing!
> The way I understand it is that only 'native targets' can be set to a
> different deployement OS X target. Hence my question about upgrading
> the legacy targets to native targets. I want to wait for Alex's input
> before upgrading because this is a no-return process, and I want to
> make sure this is the way he was thinking of doing it for Foundation
> (10.2) and AppKit (10.3).

Sorry guys, little time today. My experience is that converting the
target to a native XCode format does prevent you from opening the file
in Project Builder (no problem for me). The nice thing is that it STILL
allows you to build against the 10.2.8 SDK, so no we won't move to 10.3
only for the foundation..... Go ahead Charles, it should be no problem.
(yes, indeed the target icon will change in an application/framework
instead of the red-circle. I'll comment on the other emails later
tonight... Great work on the sequence classes guys!
Cheers,
Alex

Ps. unfortunately it seems that the target SDK can only be set for the
complete XCode file (using get info on the project icon), we can leave
it at 10.2.8 for the moment, we'll see what the future brings.
Converting to a native target has nothing to do with this though, so
forms no problem.

                    AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                     E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
                 Web: http://www.mekentosj.com