[Biococoa-dev] BCToolTranslator

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Sun Feb 27 19:58:26 EST 2005

I've committed BCToolTranslator, and accompanying changes in BCGeneticCode.
I'm pretty sure a single method now translates both DNA and RNA codons.
This broke a bunch of stuff in BCSequenceCodon, which I'm now going to try
to fix.  You also may have to delete the

I may have to make changes to BCSequenceCodon for it to fit in better with
the new class cluster design.  It's a bit of an oddball class, so these
changes may require I pull it out of the class cluster.  I'll summarize the
problems before I do so to see if I'm missing something stupid.  In
addition, I put a lot of the code for getting the amino acid sequences out
of the codon sequence in the codon sequence class itself.  Is everyone
comfortable with it there, or should I think about making a separate tool
class?

JT