[Biococoa-dev] New Structure for BioCocoa

Philipp Seibel biococoa at bioworxx.com
Sun Jul 3 15:12:20 EDT 2005

Am 03.07.2005 um 20:58 schrieb Koen van der Drift:

> I understand the Cocoa framework structure. But I still don't get
> *why* the IO seems to be intertwined with the other code (or maybe
> I am confused by the name BCFoundationIO, BCSequenceIO could be
> better). To me IO code should just be another framework a user can
> add. Whatever is done with the outcome from the IO should be
> independent of the rest of the framework (execpt of course
> BCFoundation).

Sorry, but i got lost :-). I just meant that we can't put all io of
all Frameworks in one IOFramework, because this IOFramework will then
depend on all Frameworks ( Foundation ,HMM, Phylogenetics, etc.)
because it will use the structure classes of all of them. To solve
this problem, we will need a seperate IOFramework for each of the
Frameworks.

Phil