Subject: [Biococoa-dev] New Structure for BioCocoa part II

Charles Parnot charles.parnot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:41:26 EDT 2005

On Jul 4, 2005, at 12:32 PM, John Timmer wrote:

>> but if it is
>> even confusing or unclear for the BioCocoa developers, I can imagine
>> how confusing it could be for users of the framework!

I thought it was clear for all of us, and this is what I tried to
articulate in the header for the BCAbstractSequence.
You have two options for BCSequence classes:
* a bunch of typed sequence classes
* a non-typed class BCSequence that can be of any type and respond to
any message

Once you choose one option, it is probably easier to stick to it.

> I wasn't saying that I was confused, just that (for the reasons my
> post
> detailed), I was going to use the subclasses directly no matter
> what, so I
> didn't pay careful attention.  Of course, if I had paid attention,
> perhaps I
> would have been confused....

This is exactly the right approach (and I am not kidding!). Pick one
option and forget about the other option.

charles

--
Xgrid-at-Stanford
Help science move fast forward: