[Biococoa-dev] Typed or non-typed... or both

Charles Parnot charles.parnot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 17:29:39 EDT 2005

Here are my latest thoughts about the typed vs non-typed discussion.

We have 3 options:
* only typed sequence classes
* only one untyped sequence class
* both at the same time

I thought we could go with option 3 for a while before we decide
(that was the latest consensus), but if it is too confusing now and
it stops further development, then we should just drop that option.
Because several of you really want typed classes, and you are the one
most likely to use the framework, it would be suicidal to not keep
the typed sequence class and already frustrate the potential users of
the framework (and even worse, the developers!). YThe conclusion is
quite obvious to me ;-)

charles

NB: for the sake of discussion, I will of course continue to posts a
few examples of where I think a sinlge BCSequence interface is useful
NB2: my smtp server trick worked! heeiyaa!

--
Xgrid-at-Stanford
Help science move fast forward:

Charles Parnot