[Biococoa-dev] Caching the NSArray of BCSymbol

Spam Eater at BiO spam at bioinformatics.org
Fri Jul 8 22:53:32 EDT 2005

Caught in filters.
---------------------

Hmm, although certainly nice to have a link between a view and
ultimately the sequence, this is the task of a controller class, not the
model... The model shouldn't know/care of the view. It might be nice, if
we add controllers to the framework that do this though..
Alex

On 6-jul-2005, at 23:56, Koen van der Drift wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2005, at 1:44 PM, Charles Parnot wrote:
>

>> Then, we should only cache it in one place: the accessor. Though for
>> mutable sequences, we also need to remember to set the cached array
>> to nil after modifications. Something like this:
>>
>> - (NSArray *)symbolArray
>> {
>>     if ( cachedArray == nil ) {
>>         cachedArray = ...  //generate the array (and retain it)
>>     }
>>     return cachedArray;
>> }
>>
>> - (void)emptyCache
>> {
>>     [cachedArray release];
>>     cachedArray = nil;
>> }
>>
>> - (void)appendSequence:(BCSequence *)otherSequence
>> {
>>     //code to append the sequence
>>     //empty the cache: the array is not valid anymore!!
>>     [self emptyCache];
>> }
>>

>> what do you think?
>>

> Looks like a good start to me :)  Maybe we can write the code in such
> a way that the BCSequence can be a delegate of another object (eg a view).
>

> - Koen.

                  AIM: mekentosj at mac.com <mailto:mekentosj at mac.com>
                 E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl <mailto:a.griekspoor at nki.nl>
              Web: http://www.mekentosj.com