[Biococoa-dev] BCPairwiseAlignment

Alexander Griekspoor a.griekspoor at nki.nl
Thu Mar 17 06:10:24 EST 2005

On 17-mrt-05, at 1:45, Koen van der Drift wrote:
> BTW, could any of you recommend some good reading on understanding the
> alignment coding? I sort of understand the basics, but when I look at
> the code it's difficult to follow for me :(

The two books I've read that helped me a lot were: BLAST from O'Reilly.
Centered around BLAST (obviously) it starts with a nice introduction on
sequence alignments. But perhaps you can better read "An introduction
Bioinformatics Algorithms" by Jones and Pevzner, very nice book
describing many algorithms in a clear way. Check out the website
http://www.bioalgorithms.info/
Cheers,

                    AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                    E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl