[Biococoa-dev] GDE format

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 6 19:48:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am now working on moving some more formats from BCReader to
BCSequenceReader. For the GDE format, I looked on the web, and found
actually two different possibilities. The first one:

{
name "Short name for sequence"
longname "Long (more descriptive) name for sequence"
sequence-ID "Unique ID number"
creation-date "mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss"
direction [-1|1]
strandedness [1|2]
type [DNA|RNA||PROTEIN|TEXT|MASK]
offset (-999999,999999)
group-ID (0,999)
creator "Author's name"
descrip "Verbose description"
comments "Lines of comments that can be fairly arbitrary text about a
sequence. Return characters are allowed, but no internal double
quotes or brace characters. Remember to close with a double quote"
sequence "gctagctagctagctagctcttagctgtagtcgtagctgatgctagct
gatgctagctagctagctagctgatcgatgctagctgatcgtagctgacg
gactgatgctagctagctagctagctgtctagtgtcgtagtgcttattgc"
}

but also:
#sf170-A3

atgggaccagagtctaaagccatgtgtaaagttaacccctctctgcgttactttaaattgtagccat---

#br20-B1

atgggatcaaagcctaaagccttgtgtaaagttaaccccactctgtgttactttaaattgcattgatttgaa
aatagtactaacaacaataatagtagtggggtaaa

The second one seems to be what Peter added to BCReader. I am not
familiar with that format, so just wanted to check which one to use.

cheers,