[Biococoa-dev] Even more on sequence formats

Peter Schols peter.schols at bio.kuleuven.be
Tue Apr 11 09:45:13 EDT 2006

>> - I've added support for reading sequence files that weren't saved
>> as plain-text but as rtf, basically adding a check and converting
>> the file to plain text before continuing with the normal format
>> determination
>
> That would be  great addition.

Agreed!!!

> BCSequenceReader now works very different from the way BCReader
> does. I am not using a matrixDictionary anymore (see my comments in
> the previous mail, and the actual code). The current
> BCSequenceReader already reads a raw file in as one whole.
>
> BTW, be careful with what you put in your README for EnzymeX. I
> noticed you wrote that it supports BEAST and TNT formats, but I
> don't see those in  BCReader. Unless you have a local version that
> does, of course ;-)  I'll have a look at the readseq code later.

Maybe Alex got confused when reading our website: the BioCocoa site
mentions these formats indeed, but keep in mind that this description
still only applies to the GNUStep compatible version I created for a
paper (which has become the 1.6). Please also note that the support
for the Beast format is write-only (no reading) as is also mentioned
on the BioCocoa website.

Conclusion: I'm in no way liable for any financial claims from
Mekentosj or their respective customers, I'm just a poor developer ;-)))
(and getting poorer...)