[Biococoa-dev] Wiki and website

Peter Schols peter.schols at bio.kuleuven.be
Wed Apr 12 08:09:12 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

The dust is starting to settle down here, and I would like to resume
my work on the BioCocoa website. I played around a bit in Sandvox,
the new web editor (also because I promised Dan, the author, to send
in some feedback). However, now that I have seen the BioCocoa wiki
(which is becoming more useful every day, great work BTW!), I'm
wondering if there is really a need for 'another' BioCocoa website. I
was thinking that instead of designing a new BioCocoa website and
spending time on CSS and xhtml, it could be better for the project
that I could spend that time filling in the wiki (for example with
some tutorials) and working on the project itself.
When I'm using a third party framework, the first thing I'm looking
for is sample code that can get me started asap, so I think that
could be the best thing to add in order to gain extra users (and thus
potential contributors).

Before spending much time on web design, I'm wondering what the list
is thinking about this: do we need a separate website / webpage apart
from the Wiki? Or do we integrate everything into the wiki?
In case we go for a separate website / webpage (that is of course
linked to the wiki), what info should this webpage contain?
Any feedback is appreciated!

Peter