[Biococoa-dev] KDTextView update

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 13 19:50:32 EDT 2006

On Apr 13, 2006, at 6:47 AM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:

> The big problem with textShouldChange (and thus the current
> implementation) is that it only allows YES or NO insert this
> string, you can't modify the string. No problem a single character,
> but if someone drags or paste let's say ATTAATAGATGAF then you
> would disallow that because it contains the F. What you want
> however is to allow it, but filter the F.

I don't think a textview should take of filtering, it should just
display a string. The controller should take care of the filtering,
which would be more an MVC approach.

> A solution in the context of what you had in mind would be to
> delegate the filtering to the controller in those methods that I
> override, which is easy to do and elegant.

That's indeed a more MVC approach, so I will look into that.

BTW, I think you forgot to include the Color_Extension and
String_Extension files. The latter I guess contains the
filterDNABases method?

cheers,

- Koen