[Biococoa-dev] KDTextView update

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 14 18:08:47 EDT 2006

On Apr 14, 2006, at 4:53 PM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:

> Still it is weird that rtf works fine in enzymeX, the problem thus
> must be in the different type of filtering..

Did you try stepping through the code in BioCocoa, maybe that
clarifies better what's happening here. I see that behaviour when I
drag a rtf text into the sequenceView. On my machine, the original code:

- (BOOL)readSelectionFromPasteboard:(NSPasteboard *)pboard type:
(NSString *)type{

	// the docs say to call this first, so we do ;-)
	[pboard types];
	// try to read a string, if not succesful bummer, otherwise insert it
	NSString *aString = [pboard stringForType: type];
	if(aString){
		[self insertText: aString];
		return YES;
	}
	else
		return NO;
}

aString would still contain all the rtf code in it, only when
changing the code to

NSString *aString = [pboard stringForType: NSStringPboardType];

  I get a plain string for aString. Filtering happens after that
(through insertText).

> Also in this approach you probably have to check whether [pBoard
> types] contains NSStringPboardType.

Yep, I will add that.

cheers,