[Biococoa-dev] translation bug

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 23 16:10:03 EDT 2006

Hi,

When running the Translation demo, every DNA sequence that is entered
only returns one amino acid for the translated protein. So I have
been trying to find out why this happens. I have narrowed it down to
BCSequenceCodon's longestOpenReadingFrame: method, which will always
return a holdingRange with a length of one, possibly because
openReadingFramesLongerThanCutoff: returns a wrong value. My
knowledge of this particular part of the code is limited, so if
anyone feels to jump in and have a look if they see what is going on,
please go ahead ;-)

cheers,