[Biococoa-dev] calculating symbols per column

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 27 05:39:32 EDT 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 3:23 AM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:

> I have to tell a little secret, these were the things I did in
> first instance when I started with the textview column
> modifications, but indeed I found out that it didn't work, hence I
> decided to hardcode the wide. What I think goes wrong is that we
> miss things like paragraph style etc. Perhaps we should play with
> an attributed string, and/or ask/search the cocoadev list..

That may very well be the case. For now, lets stick with the
hardcoded 10 symbols per column, I guess that is what most people
will use. Maybe we should add the option to have no columns. For the
purpose of the framework, right now I'd rather focus my attention on
the BCFoundation part and try to get that in a shape that is usable
and can be released as v2.0.