[Biococoa-dev] universal framework ?

Peter Schols sweetcocoa at mac.com
Mon Jul 3 09:12:12 EDT 2006

Hi Koen,

Going universal is easy (at least in theory). In the project info,
you have to make sure you link against the 10.4 Universal SDK.
Then make sure to select both Intel and PPC in the build settings,
and that's it. At least, when the code itself is "universal". All
Cocoa code is universal by default. Plain C code might cause some
trouble (endian issues, ...), but as far as BC is concerned, this
will only be a small percentage, I guess.

I'm not entirely sure that the Universal binary will still work as
expected on pre-Tiger systems. Therefore, you'll have to do a little
more work. Hint #2 in the following article gives a good overview on
how to support pre-Tiger systems with universal binaries: http://
www.red-sweater.com/blog/149/summer-xcode-tips

best wishes,

Peter