[Biococoa-dev] strider and gck format

Alexander Griekspoor a.griekspoor at nki.nl
Mon Mar 13 05:10:17 EST 2006

Hi Koen,

Indeed hard-coding a path isn't very elegant ;-) I'm not sure whether
we need the sequenceIOcontroller though.
I would let the app decide how to do the interface and obtain the
file path/url, after that everything can be done in the reader/writer
classes.
The reason is that 1) interfaces can be very different (i.e. metal or
not), 2) implementations can be very different. An an example, in
iRNAi i use the code that I included in previous emails, in EnzymeX 3
I make use of the standard NSDocument routines. No need to do any
panel at all, just subclassing the read/writeFileFromPath:ofType:
methods, all the panel stuff is handled by NSDocument itself. It
might even be nice to have one demo app use this approach and one the
iRNAi type approach.
Cheers,
Alex

                    AIM: mekentosj at mac.com