[Biococoa-dev] project alive?

Alexander Griekspoor mekentosj at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 17:13:16 EDT 2008

Scott is right, most of all are still lurking around but unfortunately
most of us who started the project have indeed moved on to different
projects and/or have very little time. Scott is our current hope ;-)
And of course it would be great to see new people take things up
together with him to further develop the framework. Good luck!
Alex

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Scott Christley <schristley at mac.com> wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>
> Yes, the project is still alive; however, many of the original
> developers have moved on to other things (though they might still be
> lurking on the list), so there is not much active development.  I've
> been putting in code related to my research, e.g. suffix arrays, plus
> I have a bunch of local modifications dealing with managing gene
> expression data.  I've recently tried getting the documentation in
> order.
>
> I haven't used BCSequenceAlignment but from looking at the code, it
> doesn't look like much is there.  Duplicating existing work on
> sequence alignment is probably not the best use of resources, better
> to add wrapper and handlers to BioCocoa for other tools.
>
> By alignment visualization, do you mean something like JalView which
> gives a graphical output of CLUSTAL?
>
> I'm happy to take any of your changes and merge them back into the
> source.
>
> cheers
> Scott
>
> On Sep 22, 2008, at 1:47 PM, Alexander K. Hudek wrote:

> D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
>             http://www.doteasy.com

 ** Alexander Griekspoor PhD **
 mekentosj.com

 Papers - Your Personal Library of Science
 2007 Winner of the Apple Design Awards
 Best Mac OS X Scientific Solution
 http://www.mekentosj.com/papers