[Biococoa-dev] BCSequenceView binding problem

Gregor Hageluken gh50 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sun Jul 31 17:22:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to bind the 'value' property of a BCSequenceView to a TreeController that is again bound to my CoreData model. When I start my app it gets stuck in an infinite loop in the setString: method of BCSequenceView.

I did not change anything in the code of the class.

The app works fine when I remove this binding or when I bind it to a normal TextView instead.

Any idea what's wrong? I am not using the whole BioCocoa framework by the way, just the BCSequenceView class and the BCAppKitDefines.h file.

Also I get a couple of compiler warnings for this line of code:
id <BCSequenceViewDelegate> delegate = [self delegate];
The warning is:
Semantic Issue: Initializing 'id<BCSequenceViewDelegate>' with an expression of incompatible type 'id<NSTextViewDelegate>'
Can I do something about that?

I am using Xcode 4.1 on OSX Lion.

Thanks,
Gregor

-----
Gregor Hagelueken
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Naismith Group
Biomedical Sciences Research Complex
University of St Andrews
Purdie Building, North Haugh, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9ST
Email: gh50 at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:gh50 at st-andrews.ac.uk>
Tel:  +44 1334 467247
-----