[Biococoa-dev] adding framework to project problem

Koen van der Drift koenvanderdrift at gmail.com
Mon May 30 13:11:04 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Scott Christley <schristley at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Koen,
>
> I get the first two steps, unfortunately I think the 3rd step creates a local copy of the BioCocoa framework inside the application, probably not the most desirable.  I haven't had a chance to play around with this yet, but will try in another week or so and can give you feedback.

Yes, that is indeed the case, it will copy the framework into the app.
It's a tradeoff, you can either add the framework to the app in Xcode
with some additional MB (BC is now 1.6 MB, not that bad), or require
users to install BC into their system. For the purpose of the demos, I
think the former is the easiest.