[BioEdu] Open-access course materials

Tan Tin Wee tinwee at bic.nus.edu.sg
Thu Sep 7 00:39:42 EDT 2006

Sorry, guys,
the S-star.org main machine is undergoing revamp of server
and moving. Our redundancy across many locations e.g. in Taiwan
will serve you the same stuff.

At the risk of jumping the gun (apologies to S* council members
who are on this list) the Secretariat and the Education Office
are planning, subject to approval of S* council of Stanford,
Karolinska, Uppsala, USydney, UCSD, Macquarie, SANBI, NUS professors,
to relaunch the bioinformatics intro as stage 1, plus online
practicals as stage 2 and a miniproject as stage 3, this being the
sixth year since s-star alliance was launched, and the 7th S* course.

Note also that S* certificates cost us money to print,
assemble and mail deliver to participants, and so it is
not entirely free, though the courseware currently is
as a service to the community. Whether it will continue
to be completely gratis will be a subject which the council
will deliberate over.

bestrgds
Tin Wee

--
TAN Tin Wee
S* Alliance Secretariat

Also allied to this is an effort on bioinformatics and Grid
Computing certification in Singapore's National Grid Office.