[BioEdu] Lanuages and environments

Jose R. Valverde jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es
Thu Mar 8 12:07:39 EST 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:16:54 -0500
Paulo Nuin <nuin at genedrift.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I downloaded F# but haven't tried yet. I heard it is pretty good for
> heavy stuff. I will give a closer look.

You may also want to have a look to Fortress, the new language by Sun,
which holds a lot of promise for the future.

BTW, for those neglecting it, Fortran, with the 90, 95 and 2000 standards
may still hold surprises and see a renaissace again. No joke (shrug).

As I said, there is no single best language, and it's better to learn one
well and then change on demand. Anybody selling you one language is selling
you snake oil.