[Biophp-dev] Standards

Serge Gregorio biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:09:42 +0800

Nico,

Thanks.  You've been a big help.  Just when I thought, I've
read everything about CVS on SF, now you surprise me with
this link!  =)

I've been following the steps at http://mongers.org/cvs and
have gone as far as generating a private/public RSA key with
PAGEANT.EXE (which comes with PUTTY) but met with no success.

This time, I'll try out SF's instructions at the link you
gave me.

Andres:  Thanks for the proposals re: standards.  I must admit
my code needs some standardizing.  For example, the methods in
RestEn object use mixedcaps (e.g. CutSeq(), FindRestEn()) while
I use all smallcaps in other classes (e.g. seq->molwt(), etc.)
I am also guilty of not properly labeling my code with the
header:

   // Author:

I was writing 1.0 in a terrible frenzy and in my desire to get
it out quickly (following the OS mantra, "release quickly and
release often"), I haven't found the time to format it properly.

Ciao!

Serge

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com