[Biophp-dev] CVS and memberlist

S Clark biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:41:35 -0600

On Monday 28 April 2003 07:40 am, Serge Gregorio wrote:
> Finally set up the CVS at sourceforge.net.  With Sean's permission,
> I'd like to upload his code there under the folder BioPHP or Sean.
> For now, we can maintain these two CVS's until we've adopted a
> common framework.  Sean, you can also add me as user 'flipmozart'
> to the BioPHP developer list.

Hmmmm...I'm getting "that username does not exist" from the system
at bioinformatics.org...

> If it's alright for the others (Greg, Andres, Sean), I'd like to list your
> names as part of the GenePHP/BioPHP project at the SF site. You can write
> at serge525@hotmail.com for any questions.

I have no problem with this.
"drdubious" is also my login name at sourceforge.

> Andres: As you've suggested, I've begun to draft some standards for coding
> (variable names, function names, etc.)  I'll be posting them soon for
> everyone's comments.

I would actually suggest starting with the PEAR coding standards as
a base (not so much because they are the One True Way but because
they'll likely be popular with a lot of existing PHP developers).

Regardless, I'm sure I need to go through and fix up some of my
code to standardize it - don't know if anyone's looked at any of it
yet.  I'd be quite interested in comments and suggestions before I
get TOO deep into churning out more modules (and then end up with
all that much more work to do when the time comes to apply suggestions...)

Sean