[Biophp-dev] Abstracting the parser backend

S Clark biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:33:41 -0600

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 06:47 pm, nicos@itsa.ucsf.edu wrote:
> OK.  Are you going to set this up? Once there is an example and some
> structure in place it will be possible for others to extend it.

I will if you'd like, but only if you don't mind - it's bad enough
that I've inadvertently dumped all over all the work you've just
done without me editing it without asking first...

Presuming you don't mind, code-wise, here is what I'll do:

1."wrap" the existing parser functions into classes
complete with file reading code

2.add instantiation of the (filetype)_parser class

3.edit the fetch() function to reflect that it's calling a
method from the filetype parser instead of one of its own
methods

4.create a "seq_factory.inc.php" class to churn out the sequence
objects

5.move the creation of the seq object up to the "Parse" class, via
the "seq_factory".

Sounds okay?