[Biophp-dev] My brain hurts. (parsers)

biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 05 May 2003 21:13:16 PST

The parse class now accepts filehandles, filenames, arrays and text.
The autodetect function will open a file (if there is a filehandle), read
the first line and rewind the filepointer.  Users can avoid this by
specifying a seqfiletype. There might be some junk left in the parse
class (and we should rename the thing, Serge, what should it be called?).

Sean,could you rework the fasta parser so that it will also work with
files/streams directly (instead of reading them into memory)?  Once you
have done that I'll have a look at the other parsers.

Best,

Nico