[Biophp-dev] Re: levenshtein distance

Serge Gregorio biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 09 May 2003 02:13:13 +0800

Hi Frank!  Thanks for your valuable contribution...

>This function returns the Levenshtein-Distance between the two >argument strings or -1, if one of the argument strings is longer >than the limit of 255 characters (255 should be more than enough for >name or dictionary comparison, and nobody serious would be doing >genetic analysis with PHP).

Yes, and I READ THAT too... * laugh out loud *  Btw, the 1024-char
limit I put on xlevdist() is rather arbitrary.  I could take it
away but users might kill me if I cause their computer to crash!  =)

>p.s.: im outside the university therefore cant use the smtp server,
>thats why the mail comes from apu@gmx.li. I hope this is no Problem.

So how many secret identities do you have?  Just kidding.. =)

Regards,

Serge

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com