[cd-hit-l] Hi Weizhong!

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:03:30 EDT 2009

Hi Weizhong,

This is Dan Bolser, who made the web-page for CD-HIT. Sorry for the
multiple emails... I'm not sure which one of the above is still valid!

I wanted to ask you if you were still subscribed to the cd-hit
developers mailing list?

I have been talking to Ryan Golhar (CC'ed), who has been extensively
developing the source code of CD-HIT. However, it seems he has some
questions about the code that you may be able to answer.

I think if we seriously want CD-HIT to 'work' as an open source
project, we need to focus on improving the public 'view' of the
project on Bioinformatics.Org. One easy way to do this is to direct
all CD-HIT discussion to that list... Its very easy to forget to do
this (I only just realised that I should send *this* email there!),
but the effect on attracting developers and building a community of
people around the project will be worth the effort I think.

Would you be able to spare some time to answer some of Ryan's
questions on the developer list?

In the meantime, I'll work on revamping the website and trying to sort
out the code repository. I'll be in touch again when I have done that.
To help me with that, could you send me a copy of the latest source
code (if it has changed since the ... Wow! I see a lot of new
releases!

http://www.bioinformatics.org/project/filelist.php?group_id=350

Was this you? Thank you for making these releases! I didn't even
realise that they were there! Could you post some details to the
developer list for the latest release? Did you develop these using the
Bioinformatics.Org CVS?

Thanks very much for your time and effort in developing CD-HIT - I
think with the advent of NGS sequencing, the project is more important
than ever!

All the best,
Dan.