[Genquire-dev] Getting the docs up to date

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:14:53 -0600

Yo,

I've started making the changes necessary to rid ourselves of Feature::mod.  The
increment/decrement routines are now in GenericFeature.  New features may still be
created by de-referencing existing features and using that hash as the argument to
a call to Feature->new(%hash), with the caveat that you first *** must *** delete
the $hash{id} argument or you will start overwriting database entries, and you
must set $hash{access} = 'rw', or you will have created a non-editable feature.

It seems to work fine when editing from the ShowSequenceContext window, and I have
double-checked what is going on in the database to be sure that it is okay at that
level too.  I made some cosmetic changes to ShowSequenceContext while I was in
there since Tk::Focus was getting buggered up sometimes...

Let me know if anyone experiences problems with my changes.  I'm going to root
around and find the other references to Feature::mod now and see if I can't finish
the job before I go home tonight.

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Group