[Genquire-dev] Genquire is alive with a new MS Windows compiled version

Mark Wilkinson markw@illuminae.com
22 Apr 2003 14:58:42 -0600

Hi Genquire folks,

You may have thought it was dead, but we have just resurrected it :-)

It has been a while since the Genquire in the CVS was functional, but it
is now.  If you want to see why it has been "hanging", do a grep for
"bonehead" in the GQ folder... Mea Culpa!   Matt found the problem
today.  Anyone using the released version would not have been affected.

Luke McCarthy has set up a demo database here at the UofS, and a default
configuration file is set up to connect to that database if you use
Matt's installer.

In addition, due to continuing problems with Active State not keeping
their packages in sync with each other, I have created a compiled
version of Genquire for MS Windows using modules that we know are
functional.  You can download a zip of WinGenquire.exe from the Genquire
homepage.

Please contact me if you find errors in the installer, the executable,
or any other part of Genquire.  We will be hiring a student specifically
to work on Genquire over the next few months, and I may also be spending
some time with the code over the next while, so this is a good time to
jump in with wishlist or comments.

Cheers all!

Mark

                                    |--==\
Mark Wilkinson, Ph.D.                \==-|
Bioinformatics Consultant             \=/        0010010010100101110010
Illuminae Media                       /-\
727 6th Ave. N.                      /-==|       0010100100111101010010
Saskatoon, SK, Canada               |==-/
S7K 2S8                              \=/         0100100100010010010101
+1 (306) 373 3841                     /\
markw@illuminae.com                  /=-\        1101001010100101010101
                                    |--==\