[Owl-devel] Refactoring of SiftsConnection and SiftsFeature

Jose M. Duarte jose.m.duarte at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 08:45:16 EDT 2010

> Do you know how often it happens that a Pdb chain maps to multiple Uniprot
> Ids?

Well I looked into that for a while and I found that actually whenever that
happens it is for very pathological cases. It should be safe to assume that
there is a one-to-one mapping unless you are dealing with strange PDB
entries. The most usual thing I found was multiple mapping for engineered
proteins in the PDB i.e. chains that are made up of sequences coming from 2
different proteins that for some reason were engineered into one chain for
the purpose of a particular study.

Jose